Location Wellington CentralCONTRACTOR
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-12 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
A large environment with multiple in-house applications and a variety of Agile digital projects, we are looking for a Pipeline Engineer to join their team.
Our financial sector client is seeking a 'Pipeline Engineer' to join a fast-paced, dynamic team in the Wellington CBD where you will be working in a DevOps team within an agile environment.
This position will give you the opportunity to make a large impact within the DevOps space. From constructing pipelines using Chef and Jenkins, to mentoring and coaching juniors, you will have the opportunity to cover everything the DevOps realm.
Being the 'Pipeline Engineer' you will work in a cross-functional team that look after financial platforms along with some custom Java applications, pipelines, and operations.
This is half development, half operations role. Ideally this would suit a java developer with an operations background in monitoring experience or building pipelines in Chef and Jenkins along with other configuration management tools.
There is 20 people in this team working on this product (it is a ACI products - financial platform that manage financial transactions).
• Experience with continuous integration tools like Chef, Jenkins and some Java.
• Monitoring experience .
• Experience in automating pipelines of work.
• Experience in continuous build, deployment, and releases.
• Agile environment experience.
• Exposure to CI/CD pipelines.
• Building pipelines using Chef and Jenkins.
• Writing in Chef and building pipelines using Chef and Jenkins.
• Monitoring experience; elastic search as they use this to monitor their log files and transactions and systems.
• Contributing to the transition to DevOps principles and practices such as automate, self-service, and collaborative development.
• Supporting Agile methodologies and plays an active role in embedding of Agile practices.
Take your career to the next level by working with one of the most agile companies in Wellington using the latest technologies.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.