Intermediate C++ developer(s)
Salary Competitive Salary, Car Park
Consultant Jess Stowers
Date posted 28 November 2018 2018-11-282019-01-27 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a highly talented software development team and contribute towards the design and development of the company’s high-end electronics products.
Overview of the company
A global company that retains the nimbleness of a smaller company. This company develops, manufactures, markets and exports hi-tech marine electronics for both commercial and personal use.
An established company with a great technology presence is now looking to build out the development teams with new Intermediate C++ Developers across two teams.
About the role
Develop software targeted for high end embedded platforms. You will assist in creating software architects and designs using object oriented techniques to provide robust, maintainable and extensible systems with a strong user focus.
Provide technical input to the team and assist junior engineers as required.
• Hands-on software development including creation of high level system architectures
• Work closely with Product Managers, System Engineers and UX Designers to produce detailed technical designs
• Take ownership of parts of the software stack and provide input to new feature development and sustaining activities in these areas
• Contribute towards the continuous improvement of SD processes and tools
• 5 years developing with OO principals in an OO language.
• 5 years developing with C or C++, preferably targeted at embedded platforms.
• UI design and UI implementation experience
• Experience with developing software for Embedded Systems, ideally Embedded Linux
Career opportunities / selling points
Casual dress code
Supportive team and work environment
Career development and pathways
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Stowers on 09 374 7358.