Technical Java Consultant
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 18 December 2018 2018-12-182019-02-15 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
As a Technical Java Consultant, you will learn, trial and develop new technologies in an Agile framework
Overview of the company
A large environment, with multiple in-house applications and a variety of Agile digital projects, our client is looking talented Senior Full Stack Java Developers.
About the role
We're looking for x3 Technical Java Consultant who have a can-do attitude. If you are open to moving into new technologies as well as taking a leadership role, this would be a great opportunity for you. Your willingness to be courageous and take on technologies and projects that may be a stretch for you will be a key to your success in this team.
You will be a part of a cross functional team filled with Developers, iOS Developers, Android Developers and Scrum Masters. You will essentially become an SME on new technologies and your leadership skills will help you to train others.
In this role you will be developing, testing and implementing software solutions in an Agile SCRUM environment.
• Developing, testing and implementing software solutions in an Agile SCRUM environment
• Taking the lead on trialling then introducing new technologies and frameworks
• Contributing to the effective management of an effective release and deployment schedule
• Coaching and mentoring of more junior members of the team
• Learning, trailing and developing then training in a new framework
• Solid knowledge across networking, databases, User Interfaces and APIs
• Experience in continuous build, deployment and releases
• Exposure to CI/CD pipelines
• Experience with some of the following would be advantageous but not essential:
o Backbase, ForgeRock, Finacle
o Angular, Apache Camel
o Integration technologies
• A background in Agile development environments
• Experience with integrating with 3rd party APIs
Apply today if you feel this could be the new challenge you are looking for.
Please expect a response in the week of the 7th January due to the christmas break!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.