DevOps Platform Engineer
Location Wellington CentralCONTRACTOR
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 19 December 2018 2018-12-192019-01-18 it Wellington Central NZ NZD 90 120 120 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Our private sector client has recently created a new fast data platform and are looking for an enthusiastic data platform engineer to join the team in continuing to build and improve the platform and tooling.
You will need to live and breathe DevOps, agile, open source software, and data. You will feel at home in a` collaborative team culture where you can contribute unique ideas and do things differently.
You will be working on the continuous delivery of infrastructure and fast data, while developing docker containers and ideally have experience with virtual machines, Jenkins and Kubernetes.
You'll have experience within the below areas:
- Virtualisation, especially AWS and VMWare
- Containerisation using Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux OS configuration and use, including shell scripting
- Java programming, JVM configuration and tuning
- Git source repository and GitHub, with standard Git work flows
- Distributed system design and configuration
- Security engineering practices and tools
- Streaming data at scale. Handling high velocity, high volume data events
- Agile and DevOps engineering practices and CI-CD tools
Apache data ecosystem:
Knowledgeable in some of these concepts:
- Parallel and concurrent processing
- Distributed systems
- Reactive Programming
Applicants will have ideally worked in a Big Data environment before, along with experience in some of the above. They should care about agile, demonstrate a willingness to learn and adapt, and want to participate in a great team culture.
Please expect a response in the week of the 7th January due to the Christmas break!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.