Salary Competitive Salary, Car park
Consultant Jess Stowers
Date posted 5 March 2019 2019-03-052019-05-04 it Auckland NZ NZD 105000 115000 115000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company and technology team as their Test Team Lead on a permanent basis. Work alongside talented and experienced experts in their field of expertise and take ownership of this role.
Overview of the company
A technology company based in Albany that builds and runs latest generation web portals for some of New Zealand’s leading financial institutions. Due to growth within the business and the need to bring on quality personnel, they are looking for an experienced and passionate Test Team lead to join a team and company in a time of upward trajectory.
This company builds and operates capital, risk and commodity markets and the infrastructure required to support them. They provide high quality information, data and tools to support good business decision making.
This company strive to create an extraordinary and sustainable place to work.
About the role:
I am looking for a strong Test Lead to join a fast-paced software development vendor providing SaaS solutions. You will manage the testing team through all stages of software testing while working with other business areas to meet project deliverables.
Scrum is used to manage project work and this role will need to take on Scrum Master responsibilities for some streams.
You must be a self-starter, someone who is able to manage the testing team with minimal direction and who has real passion for their work.
Financial services (WRAP platform, investment administration, KiwiSaver etc.) is strongly desired!
- Management of concurrent testing streams (testing resource, defect management, dependencies, release and testing schedules including high-level objectives and expectations).
- Work with other business areas (e.g. BA’s and Developers) to meet project timelines.
- Development of test strategies, test plans and test cases as well as tracking testing progress across streams and providing regular reporting.
- Hands-on testing will be included and needed for this position as well as the ability to determine and take corrective action to manage software related project risks & escalating issues as required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years commercial experience in either a test lead or test manager position within a software development industry. Financial Services experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated leadership of testing teams within precious roles and a strong understanding and knowledge of software development life cycles.
- Experience with test automation tools and Visual Studio Team services, programming and web interfaces.
- Proven commercial experience with Agile/Scrum and strong technical skills including writing test cases, SQL scripts etc.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build relationships with technical and on-technical stakeholders.
Career opportunities / selling points
Work in a highly creative and agile environment where hard work and talent are recognised.
Free on-site parking and access to on-going training and development.
Work in an open-plan environment that supports the overall collaborative nature of the company – casual dress code!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Stowers on 09 374 7358.