Senior Automation Test Engineer
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Jess Stowers
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-18 2019-06-17 it Auckland Auckland NZ NZD 115000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established test and QA team as a Senior Automation Test Engineer.
Overview of the company
Renowned and trusted New Zealand based company embarking on a significant technology transformation to enable its strategy of becoming a digital disrupter.
About the role:
Create, maintain and lead the automation strategy within this renowned company.
You will be passionate about working in a rapid, iterative agile environment and will develop and maintain an automation solution that is fit for purpose, efficient, scalable and maintainable.
This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned test automation engineer to bring your knowledge and expertise to the team.
• Assess market toolsets, ideally open source that will best suit technologies used and fit with company’s CI/CD strategy
• Mentor and train existing manual testers to be able to maintain and enhance the automation frameworks
• Ensure that automation code is treated as production code and meets best practice while working in cross functional agile teams to diagnose issues and enhance the software design to best facilitate test automation.
• Create appropriate reporting and dashboards to ensure high visibility of coverage, pass/fail metrics and apply rational and reasoned approach to problem solving.
• At least 5years demonstrated commercial experience developing automated test strategy and tool selection within complex technology environments.
• Hands-on experience with a range of open source and commercial test automation technologies (Selenium WebDriver, Jasmine, Appium, Specflow, Cucumber, Test Complete, SOAPUI, JMeter), across modern front-end, back-end and cloud environments.
• Experience and knowledge of working in a CI/CD environment across multiple environments.
Career opportunities / selling points
Excellent work environment and culture
Opportunity to mentor and lead others
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Stowers on 09 374 7358.