Technical Specialist - Development
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Jess Stowers
Date posted 16 May 20192019-06-13 2019-07-15 it Auckland Auckland NZ NZD 110000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This is an excellent opportunity to join an enterprise company, working within their Digital arm as a Technology Specialist.
Overview of the company
An enterprise company providing insurance and financial services across Australia. Boasting a great working environment, flexitime and continued career development, you would be joining an established team where your expertise across enterprise level design and development will be highly valued to help drive innovation and continued change.
About the role:
As a Technology Specialist, you will be providing technical leadership from within Technology Services and ensure that standards are created and enforced. You will ensure that detailed technical design decisions are undertaken and lead mentoring initiatives to increase department capability.
In this role you will draw upon your technical experience to provide guidance and recommendations to the team and business as well as identify industry tools that are fit for purpose and champion their adoption.
- Develop and utilise high level of expertise in specific areas of technology, technique, method, product and application area.
- Facilitate and present internal technical workshops and training sessions for stakeholders.
- Contribute to the promotion of emerging technology awareness across business.
- Communicate effectively with Architecture team to understand and contribute to the Enterprise and Solution visions and roadmaps.
- Support all stakeholders across business to increase technology knowledge.
- Enterprise-level design and development experience with the Microsoft Stack (C#, ASP.NET, .NET Core and SQL Server) and developing for a Windows environment.
- Experience in client-side development tools and framework for web development like AngularJS.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, SQL Server, PowerShell SOAPUI, SAML and DSC.
- Proven ability in staff development and leadership in complex software development as well as experience defining and rolling out development standards across an organisation.
Career opportunities / selling points
Continued career development
Corporate insurance packages and discounts
$500 Health & Wellbeing contribution each year
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Stowers on 09 374 7358.