DevOps Platform Engineer
Salary Attractive Package
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 25 June 20192019-06-25 2019-07-25 it Oceania > New Zealand > North Island > Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 110 145 145 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our private sector client is looking for two Platform Engineers, one contract and one permanent to join their payments team building CI/CD pipelines.
About the role:
Joining this collaborative team culture, you will be responsible for developing, building, testing, and implementing continuous development pipelines within project and support/maintenance capacities.
Working in a cross-functional team in an agile environment you will also provide concept generation to other team members.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing, coding, testing, and documenting continuous configuration pipelines
- Assessing, analysing, and implementing change based on requests and your own analysis
- Investigating/monitoring issues while maintaining a solid source control is a habit
- Interest and experience in DevOps required
- Release and deployment activities (i.e. logging results, documenting technical activity undertaken)
- Background in Sys Admin and/or programming language and interested in a range of approaches to solutions
- Working in an Agile environment utilising SCRUM
- Advantage having experience with Nutanix
- Great understanding of infrastructure as code and the tools and programming languages that come with it, especially Ruby and Chef
- Experience with hyperconverged infrastructure
- Good understanding of CI/CD tools like Jenkins
- Experienced with Linux and Open Source communities
Highly Desirable Skills:
- Automation using Chef, Jenkins and Git
- API driven development, mostly in Ruby
- Monitoring using Icinga and ELK
- Management of a hyperconverged infrastructure and moving our networking to a more scalable and code driven solution
- Work with modern methodologies in the DevOps and Agile space
Join this industry leader based in Wellingtons CBD
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.