Automation Test Lead
Salary Attractive package
Consultant Lily McLoughlin
Date posted 5 September 20192019-09-05 2019-11-04 it Wellington Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 120000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Work for a large public sector organisation that provides corporate services that help business groups and people within this company to make the best contribution to New Zealand.
Being the Automation Test Lead, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of New Zealanders.
You will work within a branch dedicated to supporting the rest of the department to succeed by providing corporate services that help business groups and people within the organisation to make the best contribution to New Zealand.
This is a green-field project as the Testing Practice want to establish a technical testing capability within their team, which consists of a Test analyst, Performance Tester and Developers who are running Scaled Agile so any SAFe certifications would be a bonus.
As the Automation Test Lead, you will take them on a journey going from manual to automation testing. They currently have a pipeline established, so you will come in and help mould and architect the automation test practice, you will be technically hands on as well as a wonderful people leader.
In this role you will need to be technology agnostic as they have several bespoke tools used in-house and through Vendors.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Experience leading teams of technical testers and building a robust automated testing practice
- Hands on testing experience with continuous integration, continuous testing, and continuous delivery.
- A proven ability to coach and develop staff
- Technology agnostic; Selenium and Cucumber would be preferred
- Agile Experience
- SAFe certification
- Thorough understanding of building and executing an automated test strategy to measure quality for products with rapid release cycles
- Thought leader in the space of technical testing
- Experience in Azure DevOps/VSTS, while not mandatory, would be great.
- Public sector experience is desired
- Mould and architect the automation test practice (pipeline established)
- Managing the timely supply of all test resources to meet demand, both internally and externally.
- Lead short to long-term workforce planning with a demonstrated alignment to their requirements.
- Manage technical test resources (i.e. hardware and software)
- Establish and maintain career planning strategies across the team
- Provide quality control of test deliverables
- Provide test portfolio governance of all testing completed outside of test programmes
- Develop and implement plans to enhance testing through to use of technology
- Establish, build and maintain effective and positive working relationships with key clients and stakeholders.
This company offers opportunities to grow, they invest and believe in their people and offer diverse career opportunities to help people succeed.
So, if you’re an Automation Test Lead or Automation Test Manager that is looking for a new challenge that encourages you to think innovatively and to help make a difference to Aotearoa and our people, then this is the place for you.
There are great benefits like extra annual and sick leave, gym membership, health insurance, flexible work environment and professional training.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Lily McLoughlin on 04 471 9702.