Junior / Intermediate DevOps Engineer
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 9 September 20192019-09-09 2019-11-08 it Wellington Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 55000 75000 75000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Work for a Financial Industry Leader, within a talented DevOps Team in the Wellington CBD.
This is an amazing opportunity for a Junior / Intermediate DevOps Engineer to sit in a highly capable DevOps Team, which consist of three DevOps / Platform Engineers. This opportunity would suit someone from a Linux System Administration or Development background who has touched platforms, coding and networking, or who has experience in writing scripts to automate tasks, or even dipped into Security and potentially have cloud experience.
If you have an interest and would love your career path to go into DevOps and have a strong interest in this space, then this is the role for you.
The DevOps Engineers work across all disciplines and have a thirst for being different, doing it differently. The role needs someone who loves learning and is not forced into constraints of the old world and wants to work across the old disciplines. And someone new in their career that wants to do something different and has a passion for DevOps.
Ideally you will have a passion for wanting to further your career and show that you have played across a variety of areas in either their work, or home, or hobby.
- Linux (or similar) System Administration experience
- Development experience and Source Control
- Linux, Linux scripting and Open-source knowledge
- Cloud and Security experience or knowledge
Some of the tools you will be learning:
What will you be taught:
- Designing, coding, testing, and documenting continuous delivery pipelines
- Assessing, analysing, and implementing change based on requests and your own analysis
- Monitoring of environments and investigating and solving issues
- Release and deployment activities (i.e. logging results, documenting technical activity undertaken.
This is a great opportunity which offers professional development as well as excellent financial permanent benefits such as flexible working hours, discounted banking packages, bonuses, kiwi saver and superannuation
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.