Senior Python Developer
Consultant George Meckiffe
Date posted 31 October 20192019-10-31 2019-12-30 it Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 80000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This client offers unique, high quality, tailor-made solutions for their clients. You’ll have an opportunity to work on some of New Zealand’s best known brands, across a wide variety of projects.
In this role as the Senior Python Developer you will have plenty of room to grow as they provide a great environment with balanced work and play, and really value all their staff.
You will be treated like a member of the family rather than an employee. They are looking for a seasoned, professional, dedicated, and pragmatic Senior Python Developer that will have input at all levels of projects, and have a key input into strategies - both for clients and internally.
You will be taking on some leadership responsibilities as well as contributing to company and client strategy. They are looking for a great communicator who writes and speaks with empathy when working with clients and colleagues. You'll have initiative, be able to work independently, and have the support of your peers. But what really counts is your ability to learn (and teach), communicate and operate at a high level.
- Significant scripting language/programming experience — they primarily use Python, Django and SilverStripe but they also work with other tech stacks.
- Solid understanding of OOP principles and the ability to apply them
- Excellent understanding of RDBMS and strong SQL skills (they use PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Excellent understanding of common internet protocols, standards, architectures, and formats
- Solid experience in Unit Testing
- Django or Laravel and Ruby on Rails
- Great skills working in Linux environments / sysadmin skills
- Ability to clearly and simply explain and express technical concepts
- Great understanding of open standards-based formats like JSON
- A solid understanding and application of web programming security principles and concepts.
- Significant sympathy for user focused solutions
- An affinity for automation
You will be part of a team that love their karaoke, board-games, movie nights, and team lunches to celebrate birthdays, as well as an annual ski trip!
You will also be working for a company that gives back to: They run a variety of meet-ups in Wellington and sponsor Django Girls and Web-stock, and volunteer their time with charitable organisations such as Ronald McDonald House and social enterprises like Collaborate. You also get flexible working options, and opportunities for professional and personal development.