Senior Product Designer
Salary $130,000 - $160,000 per annum + attractive package
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 26 June 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Join the Digital Experience team of a well-known Financial Organisation as the Senior Product Designer.
You will use data, research, insight, and empathy to understand customer problems and take concepts from sketches and post-it notes all the way through to production. You'll work with other customer research, user experience and digital designers to simplify interactions and create experiences their customers love.
Ideally this would suit a systems thinker and a great designer with strong leadership skills as you will have the exciting opportunity to build a team around you. You will also support the team in their UI requirements and work together to produce a vision for business banking.
Being the Senior Product Designer you will provide direction and mentorship for a team of UX and Digital Designers.
- Research, plan and create design artefacts (e.g. user flows and wireframes, customer journeys, interactive prototypes, sitemaps, information architecture).
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates that actualise the larger vision over time.
- Foster and strengthen the UX and design principles, while setting new standards
- Plan and lead user research and usability sessions
- Pro-actively use customer feedback, insights and analytics to define the user experience and help shape product specifications.
- Validate and substantiate your work, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Knowledge about user experience and design work-flow utilising tools such as: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or comparable tools + prototyping & collaboration tools such as Invision or Atomic.
- 5+ years in similar roles with demonstrated hands-on experience in User Experience Design
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in design, human-computer interaction, information science or equivalent practical experience.
- A portfolio or samples and/or case studies of work, demonstrating relevant experience
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility Guidelines
- Ideally, you’ll have experience gained in large, complex organisations
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.