UX Strategist & Researcher
Salary Competitive Salary, 5 weeks annual leave
Consultant Jess Stowers
Date posted 23 September 2018 2018-09-232018-11-17 it 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
An excellent opportunity to join this creative company as their UX Strategist & Researcher on a permanent basis, in their brand-new CBD offices.
Overview of the company
This is an excellent opportunity to join a creative company and help to pioneer the Auckland team fit-out as their UX Strategist & Researcher.
You would be delivering world class customer experiences and solutions for some of New Zealand’s most iconic brands and working alongside experienced UI & UX designers and developers in the business.
About the role:
I’m on the look-out for a UX Strategist & Researcher who can bring exceptional UX thinking and user insight to this company’s digital projects.
You will gain an intimate understanding of clients goals and challenges and be in partnership with creative and technical teams, provide top tier strategic UX thinking, activities and direction to transform business needs, market research and user insights into innovative concepts and solutions.
- Lead the strategic discovery phase and on-going digital directions for projects, defining and shaping briefs that inform the creative and production teams.
- Scope, plan and lead UX activities, including ethnographic research, user interviews, surveys, user testing, content strategy, requirements gathering, mapping user journey and wireframing.
- Conduct in-depth data analysis and turn user insights and identified opportunities into differentiating concepts, services and solutions.
- Be closely involved in both the pitching for new projects and the strategic development of running projects.
- 3+ years proven experience in user experience research and design – with a portfolio of work to support your experience.
- Have a large toolbox of experiences with different UX methodologies and techniques e.g. wireframing, prototyping, user and client interviews etc.
- Strong understanding of web and mobile – you need to be excited about the future of technology!
- Experience working within a team and within agile environments.
Career opportunities / selling points
- Be a part of a supportive and creative team in their brand-new Auckland, CBD offices.
- Have real weight and ability to affect change in your role.
- Work with skilled UI & UX Designers.
- Work in a technology agnostic company – use the best tools for the job.
- Work with some of New Zealand’s largest and most iconic brands.
- Get 5 weeks of annual leave.
- Never work your birthday again!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jess Stowers on 09 374 7358.