Digital Product Manager
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 25 July 20192019-07-30 2019-09-23 it Wellington Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Work for an organisation that is an evidence-based health promotion company, influencing all sectors that contribute to health and wellbeing.
Being the Digital Product Manager, you will be focusing on the design/redesign, build/updates of websites and other digital tools that help New Zealanders to live a better meaningful life. As well as the development and ongoing management of road-maps for those digital products.
The purpose of the role is to lead the development of digital products, through the effective management of all aspects of the product development life-cycle, and to contribute to the establishment of their digital product management discipline.
You will be in the Digital team that is 2 years old, it is made up of a Data Analyst, Developer, Solution Architect and Digital Manager, that are involved in all digital projects across the organisation. You will work alongside vendors (digital and marketing agencies) so key stakeholder experience is needed.
You will be working with external suppliers and the in-house digital team to specify requirements, and manage the delivery of product enhancements in line with available budgets.
- Manage the development of new and existing digital products from discovery to launch
- Define product visions and product road-maps, develop and maintain product backlogs
- Act as a trusted advisor to programme teams on digital product management and drive improvements to their digital product offerings.
- Work with stakeholders across the organisation to equip them with the product knowledge they require and understand their needs.
- Support the launch process and communication of key product updates and changes across the organisation
- Work with programme managers and the wider teams to understand programme objectives and identify opportunities to use digital technology to achieve programme goals.
- Leverage digital data and insights for decision making and prioritisation.
- Champion digital initiatives by displaying a solid understanding of users, the digital landscape, and future digital trends.
- As a key member of the digital team, contribute to the definition and development of HPA’s digital processes, practises and capabilities.
- Apply their Digital Product Framework, which includes bespoke agile project management methodology and set of tools, to the development of a range of digital products .
Key experience needed:
- Digital Business Analysis and UX experience
- Experience with product development projects like website redesign, website builds and digital tools so end-to-end process of discovery and what are they trying to solve.
- Digital agency experience or working alongside Vendors is desired
- Experience with product development projects
- A proven track record of leading the definition, development and launch, and ongoing road-map management of customer facing digital products and/or services.
- Ability to conduct customer research, user journey mapping, and requirements gathering and analysis.
- Ability to rapidly, test and validate product ideas
- Ability to evaluate product-related requests, bringing a methodical, systematic approach to prioritisation which emphasises customer value and weighs up different drivers.
- Be data driven - ability to identify the right metrics to track to assess the value being provided by a product.
- Experience working in an Agile product development
They also win a bunch of awards with their innovative ideas and are really making a difference in New Zealand and the well-being of the public to help people live a more healthier life. There is an incredible amount of opportunity in this role for the Digital Product Manager, so if you are interested then I would love to chat with you.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.