Senior UX Researcher
Consultant Natasha Keith
Date posted 6 September 20192019-09-06 2019-11-05 it Oceania > New Zealand > North Island > Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
As the senior UX Researcher you will champion industry best practice to deliver Human Centered Design solutions for clients.
About the Role:
As the Senior UX Researcher you will work with external customers providing detailed user research; producing outputs like customer journey maps, service blueprints and personas; understanding customer and client's needs and goals; developing client design briefs and road maps; co-facilitating discovery workshops and defining requirements.
You will bring a Human Centered Design approach as you will deliver best practice HCD (Human Centered Design) methodologies to clients, being empathetic you will take teams on a journey and be passionate around driving HCD practices.
- Attending client meetings with the account/project manager and contributing to the planning of projects.
- Identifying opportunities to drive a working understanding of design, UX, copy and optimization into clients and teams across the agency.
- Proactively seeking feedback and proposes ways to advance the business whilst developing their skills and career.
- Deliver best practice HCD (Human Centered Design) methodologies to clients, start mentoring others on HCD methodologies
- Explains HCD methodologies and outputs clearly backing decision making confidently and clearly to clients and the team
- Plan and conduct requirements gathering activities to determine the purpose, goals and approach of client engagements. This includes assisting with understand client’s needs and goals: developing client design briefs, road maps and co-facilitating discovery workshops and defining requirements
- Plan and conduct a broad range of discovery and evaluative research techniques to inform and validate design decisions. This may include: primary research (e.g stakeholder interviews, concept testing, usability testing, contextual inquiry, diary studies, analytics review), Secondary research (e.g. landscape review, trend reports, design best practices), and Synthesis (e.g. personas, customer journey maps and storyboards, reports).
- Plan and conduct design activities to create, prototype, validate, iterate and communicate designs. This includes: information architecture, validation activities, interaction design, prototyping, workshop facilitation, documentation
Key Skills Required:
- BA in Industrial, Spatial or Graphic Design or related experience.
- 4-6 years' experience with interactive design, preferably having experience with a leading agency or consultancy focused on user experience
- Range of experience in HCD outputs, personas, journey maps and service blue prints
- Has a broad understanding of client commercial realities, identifying opportunities for the team to better support clients with relevant strategies and tactics
- Human Centered Design experience
Join this team and work with a wide range of clients on projects that are diverse, interesting and challenging.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Natasha Keith on 04 471 9729.