Consultant James Greenland
Date posted 18 January 2017
Todd Corporation is a New Zealand owned organisation and has been in business here for 140 years. Today it has six operating divisions covering energy, minerals, property development, healthcare, food and technology. Experience in wholesale and retail energy can be very valuable experience as it’s a niche area of law with only occasional openings at this level and therefore can lead to a range of higher roles in the New Zealand industry or abroad.
The Legal Counsel will be a member of the Todd Corporation Legal team (head office in Wellington), and will be part of the Gas and Power team with the majority of work generated by Nova Energy. The Gas and Power team is primarily responsible for NZ generation, wholesale and retail energy. This encompasses work on major projects, M&As and operational activities across the full service gas, electricity and LPG business.
- Commercial contracts – downstream energy – corporate acumen
- Drafting and negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts
- Providing legal advice on a wide range of matters to manage risk effectively
- Develop strong working relationships with a diverse range of technical expert stakeholders, including engineers, sales and marketing, human resources and other professionals.
An up and coming commercial law star. In addition to a strong LLB degree, 4-6 years post qualification experience and a valid New Zealand practising certificate, successful candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong experience in drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts
- Well developed commercial acumen with strong operational experience and the ability to contribute to a wide range of corporate and commercial activities
- Practice management skills - motivated, self-starting, independent individual with high level of initiative
- Previous experience in the wholesale / retail energy
One of New Zealand’s leading companies and legal teams. Very competitive remuneration package (including relocation package), training and professional development opportunities, not to mention annual bonus incentives.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact James Greenland on +64 (0)4 471 9706.