Senior Associate - Commercial (Track to Partnership)
Consultant Rosamund More
Date posted 10 June 2022auckland legal/commercial-law 2022-06-10 2022-08-09 legal Auckland Auckland NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting opportunity to join a small team of experienced commercial lawyers with the opportunity to progress to Partnership for the right candidate.
A unique opportunity to join a specialist corporate, commercial and property firm who work with clients across New Zealand and throughout the Asia Pacific region. Their clients range from food and beverage and fresh produce industries to start-ups on their growth journey.
The role would work alongside highly experienced Partners in the commercial space and is a chance for a lawyer to grow their own practice in a supportive and successful firm. One of the Partners will retire in the next 18 months leaving a great opportunity for a lawyer to take over a successful practice alongside other Partners.
The firm is based in brand new offices in the city centre and offers flexibility and a great culture.
- Draft & negotiate large commercial contracts across a range of sectors;
- Advise on everything from company formation to private equity investment or governance best practice;
- Provide special business project and strategic advice, such as business sales and purchases, deal structuring, deal negotiation, term sheets, shareholder agreements and capital raising;
- The exact responsibilities of the role will vary depending on the experience of the successful candidate.
To be successful in the role:
- The role will suit someone with at least 5 years post qualification experience however all candidates will be considered on merit;
- Ideally you will be a commercial or corporate lawyer or have generalist legal experience with a focus on commercial work;
- The ideal candidate might be a lawyer looking to go out into their own practice but would prefer the stability of a smaller firm. Or a lawyer currently in a larger firm looking to have more autonomy and ownership over their client base. The opportunity may also suit someone who is returning from overseas or going back to work after some time off. We are open to speaking with all applicants.