Senior Legal Counsel - Regulations and Compliance
Salary Competitive package
Consultant Jess Vernal
Date posted 13 June 2022wellington legal/commercial-law 2022-06-27 2022-08-12 legal Wellington or Auckland Wellington NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
New Zealand Rugby is one of New Zealand’s largest sporting organisations, with a team of employees committed to ensuring that our national game is run smoothly and efficiently at all levels, all over Aotearoa.
About the role | Mō tēnei tūranga mahi
New Zealand Rugby is looking for a lawyer to join their in-house legal function for parental leave cover.
This is a dynamic and varied position where you can make a real impact throughout the organisation. You will be working on complex negotiations, drafting and dispute resolution processes in what is a very complex business with a vast range of legal issues and a great team of people.
You will be responsible for:
- Overseeing all regulatory matters affecting the Game from Rippa rugby to professional rugby, from policy development, through consultation to drafting and negotiating and then monitoring and enforcement.
- Assisting the rugby and operations team.
- Providing investigation and litigation support.
- Liaising with the General Counsel on general commercial work and, as capacity allows, supporting the Commercial team in contract drafting and negotiations.
This is a 9-month fixed-term contract, with the ability to extend to 12 months depending on the individual and timing of commencement.
What you will bring | Ngā pūmanawatanga ōu
- A minimum of five years’ post-admission experience.
- Ideally, you will have expertise in commercial law. But litigation experience will also be considered.
- Regulatory experience is a bonus, but not essential.
- Strong attention to detail and initiative.
- Sound judgement and a team player.
Apply Now | Tono ināianei
New Zealand Rugby has partnered exclusively with Robert Walters. If you have a passion for sport and would like to work for this awesome organisation, contact Jess Vernal for a confidential discussion on 04 471 9756 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits packageLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 7 June 2022Imperial Brands are looking for a Corporate and Legal Affairs Managers to join their dynamic, global business where your ideas will play a key role in shaping the corporate and legal profile of Imperial Brands NZ and Pacific Islands.
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits packageLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 5 June 2022Imperial Brands are looking for a Corporate and Legal Affairs Managers to join their dynamic, global business where your ideas will play a key role in shaping the corporate and legal profile of Imperial Brands NZ and Pacific Islands.