Intermediate Corporate Counsel
Consultant Sam Lindsay
Date posted 8 April 20192019-04-16 2019-06-07 property-and-housing Christchurch Canterbury NZ 8081 NZD 70000 110000 110000 YEAR The Property Group
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intermediate Corporate Counsel to join our legal team. Reporting to our Senior Corporate Counsel, you will provide high quality, strategic and commercially focused legal advice to support TPG’s team of property consultants. You will be an integral part of a busy, focused team who enjoy a great culture.
Who we are:
The Property Group Limited (TPG) is New Zealand’s largest specialist property consultancy. Our purpose is to deliver property expertise that builds a stronger New Zealand.
TPG operates across multiple sectors including transportation, telecommunications, energy, territorial local authorities (TLAs), housing, and corporate real estate. We get to work with clients who are involved in large and exciting projects of national significance.
With a nationwide team of over 170 consultants, we value teamwork and promote peer support. We also empower our people to draw on their own technical skills and judgement to deliver smart and practical solutions for our clients.
As Intermediate Corporate Counsel your primary responsibility will be to provide legal advice and support to TPG’s team of property consultants. You will be working as part of a wider in-house legal team comprising 12 corporate counsel and eight legal executives across New Zealand.
- Provide legal advice on property issues and other matters as required with emphasis on land compensation entitlements/disposal of land
- Draft agreements, easement documentation and reports relating to the acquisition and disposal of land for public works by the Crown and TLAs
- Draft notices and reports required for the compulsory acquisition of land
- Review and supervise other team members carrying out conveyancing services for the Company’s Crown and TLA clients
- Provide advice on land status and establish requirements relating to the disposal of land held by the Crown and TLAs for public works
- Provide advice and Certificates as to ‘Sensitive and Special Land’ for the purpose of the Overseas Investment Act 2005
- Hold, or anticipate to soon hold, a current Solicitors practising certificate
- Be able to manage resources to maximise profitability and TPG’s client services
- Be highly motivated and have excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Be committed to a business culture that emphasises client service and commercial awareness
- Be capable of working independently and as part of a team
TPG has worked on some of the most significant and impressive infrastructural projects that have defined and shaped the face of New Zealand. Key to our ongoing success is our people, and as a result TPG has experienced rapid growth throughout its 20 years in business.
Not only will you be working with the best – you’ll be a part of a team that values excellence and innovation, and enjoys a challenging, fun and rewarding work environment.
TPG offers a genuine work-life balance and provides excellent opportunities for career development. This role comes with competitive compensation and additional benefits for the right person.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sam Lindsay on 027 5665 707.