Consultant Olivia Murphy
Date posted 13 May 20192019-05-14 2019-07-12 legal Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 121 157 157 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Te Tumu Paeroa is an independent professional trustee organisation that assists the Māori Trustee to carry out the Māori Trustee’s statutory roles, functions and responsibilities and thereby protects and enhances Māori land – for now and generations to come.
About the role:
Reporting to the General Counsel of the Māori Trustee, you will work directly with the business in all aspects of legal work of the Māori Trustee, including Māori land law, trusts law, estates, landlord and tenant, conveyancing, general property, commercial and contract, resource management, legislatives compliance, litigation and dispute management.
• At least 5 years relevant PQE gained in private practice and/or in-house with a current practicing certificate
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Superior written and drafting skills
• Outstanding judgment and attention to detail
• The ability to consistently provide high quality outcomes, driven legal advice and representation
• Be an excellent communicator
• An affinity and respect for Māori tikanga
We can offer you a competitive salary, supportive environment and the opportunity to come to work each day to look out for what’s best for the people, the land and the future.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Olivia Murphy on 04 471 9738.