Salary $85,000 - $110,000 per annum
Consultant Olivia Murphy
Date posted 28 August 20192019-08-29 2019-10-27 legal Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 85000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Opportunity for a Legal Counsel with either private practice or in house experience particularly in the area of contract law to join our team.
At PHARMAC we really care about the best possible healthcare for New Zealanders.
We have built a highly successful and unique organisation and our contribution continues to grow. We have always done things in new and different ways and that's not going to change. Everything else is up for discussion.
Are you curious, like figuring out how to do things, okay with working in a fluid and sometimes unpredictable environment, always deliver the goods, and want to apply your mind to helping New Zealanders?
We like high performers. Our team delivers a lot with judicious use of resources. We create robust processes and plans where we need them, but never stop using our ingenuity to make things better. We work hard and celebrate our successes.
The legal team reports through to the Director of Corporate Services and is currently made up of the General Counsel and a Senior Legal Counsel. The team environment is open and inclusive enabling a balance of collaboration and autonomy, and the team works very closely with our internal clients.
The PHARMAC model is unique in the world. We're a small organisation (around 120 staff) where your expertise is respected, and you can really make a difference for people.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated Legal Counsel with strong experience in contract and commercial matters.
While reviewing and advising on supply agreements for pharmaceuticals and medical devices would make up a large part of your day, you would also get exposure to various other matters within PHARMAC including privacy, official information, public law, policy, and procurement advice.
- Bachelor of Laws and eligible to hold a current practising certificate
- Minimum of four years of legal experience either in private practice or in-house, with strong experience in contract matters
- Excellent communicator open to collaboration and robust dialogue
- Pragmatic problem solver
- Solutions focused with a can-do attitude
- Open to working with business partners to facilitate their goals
- Ability to operate as a generalist legal advisor dealing with a variety of work in a fast-paced environment
- A team player interested in working in a small and supportive team
- PHARMAC offers a flexible working environment, a genuine work-life balance and provides excellent opportunities for career development
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Olivia Murphy on 04 471 9738.