Consultant Olivia Murphy
Date posted 11 September 20192019-09-13 2019-11-10 legal Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 100000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Mercer is a global market leader and we have the opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join our pacific Legal department.
About the role:
The main purpose of this role is to provide solutions orientated legal services whilst protecting the business. Your duties will include:
• Taking the lead for delivering legal support for the NZ business and be the person responsible for the interaction across the business, senior leaders and external stakeholders
• Providing advice on all aspects of superannuation, KiwiSaver, investments, administration and distribution of Mercers products and services along with general corporate law and commercial law
• Provide legal support for new business bids and draft legal documents as needed
• Prepare and advise on non-disclosure agreements, service contracts, settlement agreements and reviewing of Mercer investor disclosure documents
• Proactively advise the business on new and proposed law changes that will impact Mercers business
• Work on Pacific and Global projects and provide assistance at times in respect of the Australian business and work matters affecting both NZ and Australia
• Contribute to a collegiate and effective team environment with the Legal Team
• Ideally 3-8 years post admission experience obtained either from a reputable legal practice, an in house legal role or legal environments such as Court of Tribunal. It would be advantageous to have experience in 1 or more of the following: financial services law, insurance law, trust law, contract law, superannuation or investments law or privacy and consumer law
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate (including verbal) and relate to internal clients and stakeholders at all levels
• Strategic thinker and ability to apply risk management principles
• Genuine team play with ability to meaningfully contribute to a team of professionals
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. At Mercer, we say We Make Tomorrow, Today.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Olivia Murphy on 04 471 9738.