Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Christian Brown
Date posted 27 November 2016
Baldwins invites applications from qualified Patent Attorneys with five years’ experience in the fields of mechanical or electrical engineering, preferably with an electronics background to join the Auckland team.
Baldwins is one of New Zealand’s leading specialist patent attorney and intellectual property law firms. Their teams of successful and dynamic patent attorneys combine technical and legal expertise to advise clients on management of their intellectual property portfolios.
These Associate or Senior Associate level positions will cover a variety of work including assisting in the filing and prosecution of patent and design applications, providing wider portfolio support and advising with respect to third party rights. This role will provide exposure to a diverse range of clients from New Zealand start-ups to some of the country’s most successful companies, as well as multi-national corporations.
The successful candidates will also be required to train as a New Zealand Patent Attorneys, if not already qualified in New Zealand.
- Instruct patent and design searches and advise clients with respect to infringement and patentability
- Assist in the filing and prosecution of patent and design applications
- Assist in patent oppositions and other contentious matters
- Qualified patent attorney with at least four to five years’ experience
- Academic qualification in the mechanical or electrical engineering fields, and relevant technical expertise
- Understanding of the wider business community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sound networking skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work with and contribute in a team environment
- A positive frame of mind and a drive for personal development
Baldwins values ongoing career development, training opportunities, competitive remuneration and a positive and professional working environment. With an excellent reputation, this is a unique opportunity to join a growing, internationally recognised team.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Christian Brown on 09 374 7345.