Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Erin Donkin
Date posted 1 October 2018 2018-10-012018-11-25 legal 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a high performing team, working on a variety of employment law issues. Given the nature of the work, this role will afford the right candidate the opportunity to both assist with, and appear in, mediations, the ERA and the Employment Court.
This role sits in a boutique employment practice alongside three other lawyers. The head of the practice has over 25 years’ experience as an employment and litigation lawyer and will be able to provide excellent mentorship to the right candidate.
- Day to day file management
- Drafting day to day communications with clients
- Drafting submissions
- Drafting contentious letters on a variety of employment issues
- Assisting with the preparation of and appearing at mediation, Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court hearings
- Assisting with marketing such as presentation of seminars and drafting articles.
- The candidate will ideally have employment law experience gained (preferably) from a law firm or, if at the junior end of the spectrum, have studied employment law at university
- 2-5 years PQE experience
- A passion for employment law
- Exposure to and experience in drafting court documents/contentious letters/submissions
- Experience managing client relationships
- A sharp analytical mind
- Enthusiastic and able to fit in well with a small and high performing team.
This is a great opportunity to develop your experience within a supportive, engaged and high performing team.
If you are looking for the next step in your career and the opportunity to gain exposure to complex employment issues, please get in touch.