Salary Competitive Salary, international scope
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Nick Harrison
Date posted 13 February 2017
Join an organisation that works to make New Zealand's voice heard overseas and contributes directly to the security and well-being of all New Zealanders.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade works to make New Zealand's voice heard overseas and contributes directly to the security and well-being of all New Zealanders.
Our purpose is to create the international conditions and connections for New Zealand and New Zealanders to thrive.
The Ministry has a network of 100+ office and Official Residence premises overseas, providing facilities and work environments for staff to conduct the Government’s official business effectively. It also has approximately 250 offshore staff residential properties, assets and posts' vehicles.
About the role:
Working out of Wellington, the Asset Analyst is responsible for tracking and reporting on the Ministry’s property performance measurement. This is managed through detailed analytical research, financial modelling and management/investment reporting which is used to inform strategy and to improve property portfolio performance
- As an Asset Analyst, you will assist in the development of asset strategy, asset plans and performance metrics
- Undertake robust asset performance analysis and provide information to support strategic decision making and resource allocation
- Design, produce and analyse reports to meet the various performance reporting needs of the Ministry
- Assist with managing the performance of the property portfolio through the management of stakeholder expectations
- Compile fortnightly reports into monthly programme updates and analyse these for strategic presentation
- 3-5 years experience in the development, measurement and management of a property portfolio strategy
- Experience with performance management reporting
- Technical competence and experience in all aspects of the property assets industry
- Experience managing external reporting requirements in the public sector including developing, implementing and monitoring quantitative and qualitative reporting frameworks
Joining MFAT as an Asset Analyst, is an incredible opportunity to leverage your analytical skills to push into a promising career in performance analysis and strategy development in a Ministry with an incredible culture in a high performing team.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Nick Harrison on 04 471 9709.