Category Analyst - Grocery
Consultant Samantha Stevens
Date posted 16 April 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
A great opportunity to join the category commercial performance team in one of New Zealand’s top FMCG companies providing needed category support and analysis in the grocery channel.
Overview of the company:
Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturer which house popular household brands.
About the role:
Reporting into the Category Performance Manager, you will be responsible for providing key analytical and insight reporting in the grocery channel. You will also have the opportunity to potentially take ownership of small accounts and lead category reviews.
To succeed in this role you will need exceptional analytical skills, be a wiz on Excel and have a good commercial understanding of FMCG POS data. This role services a wide audience in sales, marketing, finance and procurement teams so great people skills are a must have.
- Conduct and lead regular category and business reviews and provide recommendation
- Reporting on monthly focus for the sales team
- Prepare monthly Reports providing insights of both the company and competitor business results
- Develop layout guides for Grocery Accounts
- Co-ordinate all sales related information for the relevant category new product launches
- Development of new product presentations and timelines
- Solid years experience in a FMCG role is preferred
- Analytically minded with the ability to tell a story about trends found in data
- A natural curiosity to investigate and use initiative to solve problems & find answers
- Advanced Excel skills; Aztec/ IRI or Nielsen data exposure
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate to all areas across the business
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the category commercial performance team in one of New Zealand’s top FMCG companies.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Samantha Stevens on 09 374 7311.