Home Page Editor
Consultant Rachael Morgan
Date posted 2 July 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Our client is a leading technology brand and they need a new editor to join their team of four, curating daily coverage on their news homepage! If you’re a news junkie, and have some digital newsroom experience – this is an awesome opportunity to get experience in the industry.
Overview of the company:
Our client is a global technology company, who help businesses and people grow and connect by keeping them up to date with the latest technology, innovation and news.
- Produce daily news coverage including editing text and images; sub-editing; copy-tasting using a digital content management system
- Determine the right content mix using a multitude of sources
- Pitch, analyse and explain editorial programming choices
- Help develop and improve processes, quality standards and workflows
- Flexible and willing to work variety of shifts - 7 days a week – rotating roster
- One-to-five years' editorial experience in a consumer-focused daily publishing environment
- Digital newsroom experience is preferred
- Content management experience, (editorials, press releases, social media, online articles etc.
- Online editorial experience is fine or new grad with willing to learn, passion, hungry for the story
- Proven analytical/problem-solving skills and an ability to learn and adapt in a changing environment
- Ability to rank competing editorial priorities under time pressure
- Very strong team player with ability to work on own initiative
- Highly organised and attentive to detail
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Rachael Morgan on 09 374 7342.