Senior Communications and Marketing Advisor
Consultant Alex Gossage
Date posted 30 July 2018 2018-07-30marketing 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Founded in 1897, Victoria University is one of New Zealand’s oldest and most prestigious tertiary institutions with a proud tradition of academic excellence. They are committed to providing a student experience that is second none and aim to develop graduates whose learning has been developed inside and outside of the classroom.
About the role:
Sitting in the Student Campus and Living portfolio this Senior Communications and Marketing Advisor is responsible for the development of high quality communications material to keep students and key stakeholder groups updated on the services Victoria University provides for students and the experience the University offers students.
This portfolio includes communicating the new and exciting offerings from the University’s accommodation services as well as the recreation centre and other student facing services available on campus. A key aspect of this role is to be a student voice to inform and build relationships with students and with external stakeholders such as parents, campus neighbours and alumni of the University’s halls of residence.
The role also assists with issues management and communication during and after critical incidents.
- Oversight of web content, publications and social media sites for the accommodation service – with proactive and reactive content
- Create high quality communications content in line with Victoria University guidelines for a variety of channels to promote the student experience
- Provide strategic insight, develop and implement communications strategy
- Build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with issues management and critical incident communications
- Resilient personality
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience developing and implementing communications plans
- Experience creating content for a variety of channels including social media
- Proactive approach to building and maintaining relationships
- Photography and videography skills are preferable
This is an exciting opportunity working in a vibrant student community. With over 20,000 people on campus this will be a dynamic role for someone to come in and thrive. The supportive environment of the University will allow this role can grow in scope to become a true voice for the students.
Working at the University presents a unique opportunity to have a real impact.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Alex Gossage on 04 471 9701.