Communications, PR and Media Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Samantha Stevens
Date posted 27 November 2018 2018-11-272019-01-26 media 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Working closely with the Chief Executive and Board, this fast-paced and varied role will drive the media and communications programme for Ngāti Whātua Orākei Trust.
About the Company:
The Ngāti Whātua Orākei Trust is the governance body for Auckland iwi, Ngāti Whātua Orākei. The Trust (through the Trustee and Elected Representatives) is responsible for protecting and managing the assets of the Trust for the benefit of members.
Through its subsidiaries, the Trust manages a property portfolio worth over $1 billion and provides a range of services and benefits to whanau members across education, health and wellbeing, financial literacy, cultural development, environment and digital. More information can be found on the website at: www.ngatiwhatuaorakei.com. Work for a truly purpose-led Maori organisation that is focussed on improving the lives of whanau today and creating a bright future for our mokopuna.
About the Role:
This role will take responsibility for all communications, media and public relations that comes from or on behalf of the Trust.
• Create and implement the media and communications strategy for the Trust.
• Be the primary point of contact for all media and communications enquiries.
• Work with subsidiary teams to ensure alignment of media and communications messaging.
• Own and deliver annual and interim reporting for the Trust and Group.
• Deliver position papers on key issues.
• Manage the external communications, web and social media presence for the Trust.
• Drive Central and Local Government engagement and positioning.
• 8 years experience in communications/PR/media
• Communications/Journalism or related degree
• Understanding of tikanga
• Established media relations network
• Strong relationship building skills
• Experienced working in a fast-paced, politically charged environment
• Fluency in Te Reo
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Samantha Stevens on 09 374 7311.