Public Relations Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Prisca Lorenza
Date posted 8 March 2019 2019-03-082019-05-07 marketing Auckland NZ NZD 75000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
New Zealand's leading consumer finance research, comparison firm and customer satisfaction business.
This organisation exists with the core purpose of informing and helping consumers make better purchase decisions.
Reporting to the NZ General Manager the role of the PR Manager exists to communicate the wealth of data and insights that we have to key media. The strategy will be focused on engaging and educating consumers about the company and its services by utilising all available media platforms, with the aim of building the brand and supporting its business strategy in the NZ market.
- PR strategy and execution, pitching relevant editorial and broadcast features to key media
- Drive media relations, including building relationships with journalists and key influencers, industry associations and umbrella organisations, besides media monitoring.
- PR amplification through social media.
- Coordination, management and response to inbound media enquiries.
- Create PR messaging materials, including press releases, blog posts etc to support announcements, awards and campaigns to maximise coverage, amplification and links.
- Joint responsibility for social media strategy, planning and execution.
- Influencer engagement strategy, execution and management.
- Engage with key internal stakeholders in AU to identify best practice, trends and learnings that can be implemented in NZ.
- Evaluate, measure and report on the performance of PR activities and provide recommendations based on performance.
Required Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated PR and media relations experience and capability (min 5 years’ experience in PR role or senior journalism)
- Professional and respected industry reputation with a thorough understanding of the NZ media landscape
- High attention to detail, professional time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Genuine interest in financial and consumer interest topics
- Great social media skills
- Media contacts in the finance sector a big advantage
- Degree in journalism or PR (preferred)
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Prisca Lorenza on 09 374 7361.