Senior Advisor Engagement
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Jing Li
Date posted 17 May 20192019-05-17 2019-07-16 marketing Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 90000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This Ministry provides policy advice to government, and delivers social services and assistance to young people, working age people, older people, families, whānau and communities. They work directly with New Zealanders to improve their social wellbeing.
They serve over a million people a year, working out of more than 160 locations around the country. It is likely that every New Zealander will come into contact with the Ministry at some point in their life.
Reporting into the Manager Engagement and sitting in the wider Communications and Engagement group, the Senior Advisor Communications and Engagement plays a pivotal role in delivering the exciting annual programme of events. The project management of this includes end-to-end planning, organisation, development and thorough oversight of the events programme. This will involve working closely with a range of key organisational stakeholders and event participants to lift engagement and ensure success. The Senior Advisor is also tasked with designing and executing a comprehensive event communication and messaging programme, in collaboration with others, to maximise internal communications and engagement with all staff and key external stakeholders
- Plan and manage the annual programme of internal and external stakeholder events and ensure that all details are taken care of including themes, sessions, speakers, venues, invitations, event briefs, project plans and budgets.
- Work with the Communications and Engagement team to develop a compelling internal communications and engagement work programme, integrating events to maximise engagement and support Ministry-wide priorities and strategies.
- Engage with a range of key stakeholders that include the wider Communications and Engagement teams, Office of the Chief Executive, Regional Commissioners and their staff, external agencies and suppliers; and other Ministry managers.
- Experience in managing significant events and external and internal communications for complex events programmes.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with the ability to tailor and adjust messaging to suit varying audiences and channels.
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and competing deadlines, showing deft judgement and a focus on organisational goals.
- A strong client-focus and an ability to adapt to different people and working styles.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a professional and passionate team who will guide and support you on your professional journey. Your work will contribute to lifting engagement and the outcomes this delivers to New Zealanders.
Applications close on Monday, 3rd June 2019
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720.