Education and Communications Advisor
Consultant Jing Li
Date posted 28 November 20192019-11-28 2020-01-27 marketing Wellington CBD Wellington NZ NZD 80000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Overview of the company The Electoral Commission is an independent Crown entity that is responsible for conducting New Zealand’s parliamentary elections and referendums. They work with and through communities to inform, engage and educate New Zealanders about the value of taking part in the electoral system to encourage each and every one of us to participate.
About the role
This will be a busy and varied role where no two days are the same. Reporting into the Education and Communications Manager, the Education and Communications Advisor will be responsible for a range of project and BAU communications activity that includes intranet management, and support for web, social, publications, media and the Commission’s Kids’ Voting programme.
You will be involved in producing engaging internal and external communications materials, and work with Electoral Commissions stakeholders to bring coverage in a range of upcoming events and activities. Plain language writing skills and your ability to organise will be a key part of your success in this role.
- Managing the Electoral Commissions communications activities including, Intranet management, content production and loading
- Develop and publish content for internal channels
- Manage and promote the Kids’ Voting programme
- Support for media enquiries
- Supporting the wider Communications and Education team’s activities during peak events
- Your communications skills will be second to none. You will be an excellent writer with the ability to tailor your writing style for different audiences and channels
- 3 – 5 years experience working within a similar communications or marketing position
- An understanding of how to track the success and impact of your communications activity
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities and work to deadlines
This is a great opportunity for an intermediate level advisor who is hungry to have more accountability and influence in their next role. You will be rewarded with mentoring and support from a passionate and collaborative organisation that love what they do while working in a friendly and supportive environment.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720.