Consultant Jing Li
Date posted 20 May 2022wellington marketing/communications-pr 2022-06-06 2022-07-19 public-sector-and-housing Wellington Wellington NZ The Treasury
Te Tai Ōhanga - The Treasury is the New Zealand Government's principal economic and financial advisor. The work they do helps ensure that New Zealand's economy supports higher living standards for all New Zealanders. They are focused on growing well-being through improving Aotearoa’s human, social, natural and financial capital. The Chief Advisor role is a newly created opportunity within the organisation reporting to the Head of the Office of the Secretary. It will involve supporting the Secretary on a day-to-day basis on communication and engagement activities including providing strategic advice and guidance, positioning the Treasury through media opportunities, high profile external engagement events and staff engagement activities. This is an influential position and the ideal candidate will be an expert senior practitioner in communications and engagement with proven experience working with and influencing senior leaders. You will be well connected in the media landscape, politically astute and your risk radar will be second to none whilst providing expert communications and engagement risk and issues management advice.
- A strong practitioner background with experience developing and implementing communications and engagement strategies and plans
- Proven experience in navigating nuanced, complex environments providing strategic advice on issues management to senior levels i.e. Chief Executive and/or Board level
- The ability to be flexible and agile while thinking analytically and conceptually – assimilating new and complex information
- A robust understanding of the Machinery of Government and New Zealand public service.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a NZ Government security clearance.
If you are intellectually curious, highly regarded for your exceptional communications and engagement advice and enjoy complex environments this is a uniquely placed career opportunity for you. You will get to work alongside key decision makers for one of the public sectors most important central agencies.
The Treasury are a supportive, flexible and equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, you are encouraged to contact Robert Walters before the application close date of 9am on the 13th June 2022.
Robert Walters endeavors to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720.