Consultant Jing Li
Date posted 28 July 2022wellington marketing/communications-pr 2022-07-28 2022-09-26 advertising-and-pr Wellington Wellington NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
He Pou a Rangi Climate Change Commission is an Independent Crown Entity established to help Aotearoa meet its climate targets. They provide independent, expert advice to the New Zealand Government on mitigating and adapting to the effects of climate change and to monitor and review the Government’s progress towards its emissions reduction and adaptation goals.
The Commission has a busy work programme, and a new opportunity for an outstanding Senior Communications and Engagement Advisor has become available. This role reports into the Manager, Communications and Engagement and is part of a vibrant and energetic team. The Communications and Engagement team provides the strategy, advice and services that engage and inform key audiences, they connect stakeholders and Commission staff, build effective relationships with media, stakeholders and others, help people understand what Aotearoa can do to achieve a zero carbon future, and protect and enhance the Commission’s reputation.
This will be a busy and varied role, and a unique opportunity to support the work on the climate future of New Zealand. The Senior Communications and Engagement Advisor will bring fresh and creative ideas to engage with their audience and stakeholders, and have solid communications and engagement knowledge and experience.
- Supporting the Climate Change Commission’s communications activities including producing content, effective stakeholder relationship management, strategy and providing advice
- Enhancing the Commission’s reputation using a strong risk radar
- Managing operational media enquiries
- Providing proactive communications advice and support to different areas of the organisation, including speeches and presentations to support the Commissioners and the Commission’s Chief Executive
- Taking the lead in collaboration with the relevant project teams
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a team player who enjoys new approaches and building strong relationships. We’re a small team, so you’ll need to be the type to roll your sleeves up and help where needed. You will bring:
- Strong knowledge and experience of a range of communications and engagement methods
- The ability to work across the full suite of communications and engagement ranging from strategy, PR, media, social and content creation
- Has good political nous and a strong risk management lens
- Well-developed skills in critical thinking and problem solving
- Experience providing specialist advice to senior and executive leaders
- An understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, Te Ao Māori and experience engaging with iwi/Māori
A key priority for the Commission is Te Ao Māori. This means they work with their Treaty partner to grow capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views and Te Tiriti o Waitangi in the work they carry out. The Climate Change Commission embraces diversity and inclusion and are committed to equality and equity and therefore actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
If you are looking for a communications role with a difference, work in a team that is high performing yet down to earth then don’t delay and apply today!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 28 July 2022He Pou a Rangi Climate Change Commission is an Independent Crown Entity established to help Aotearoa meet its climate targets. They provide independent, expert advice to the New Zealand Government on mitigating and adapting to the effects of climate change and to monitor and review the Government’s progress towards its emissions reduction and adaptation goals. As the Commission continues to thrive, an exciting position for an experienced communications and engagement practitioner to join the team has become available.