Principal Advisor Engagement
Consultant Jing Li
Date posted 28 July 2022wellington marketing/communications-pr 2022-07-28 2022-09-26 advertising-and-pr Wellington Wellington NZ Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
He Pou a Rangi Climate Change Commission is an Independent Crown Entity established to help Aotearoa meet its climate targets. They provide independent, expert advice to the New Zealand Government on mitigating and adapting to the effects of climate change and to monitor and review the Government’s progress towards its emissions reduction and adaptation goals. As the Commission continues to thrive, an exciting position for an experienced communications and engagement practitioner to join the team has become available.
As Principal Advisor, Engagement you will be reporting into the Manager, Communications and Engagement. You will be responsible for driving the Commission’s engagement work programme and ensuring quality and effective relationships are established and maintained internally and externally. On a day-to-day basis you will be providing expert advice, supporting and providing high-quality communications and engagement planning, taking the lead on projects, and working closely with others across the Commission to deliver their work programmes.
You will be someone who thrives in connecting people together to bring engagement to the heart of the work that is at hand, whilst identifying opportunities for cross collaboration and enhancing the Commission’s reputation and work. You will be a proven practitioner who genuinely enjoys engagement and is always open to trying new approaches.
- Providing technical leadership and high quality engagement advice within the Comms and Engagement team, and across the Commission.Developing and maintaining a strong stakeholder network to create and identify engagement opportunities and obtain quality information
- Bringing strong knowledge and experience of a range of communications and engagement methods, including emerging and innovative approaches and frameworks
- Creating content across a variety of channels in a clear and well-structured manner
- Supporting and providing mentorship to others in the team
- You will be the sort of person who genuinely enjoys engagement and is always open to trying new approaches. As part of a small high performing team, you will bring:
- Experience designing and delivering successful engagement programmes and comfortable engaging in a range of project work combining stakeholder and community engagement, communications and consultation monitoring and evaluation
- Proven experience working closely with senior leaders with the ability to influence strategy and drive change
- Significant relevant experience (10+ years) in engagement, communications, or public relations – experience working both in and outside of government would be an advantage
- Have strong knowledge and experience of a range of communications and engagement methods
- Have well-developed analytical and critical reasoning skills, with experience developing and delivering workable solutions to ambiguous and complex problems
- Politically astute with highly developed communication skills and be comfortable explaining complex issues clearly and simply to a broad range of audiences
- Bring an understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi, an appreciation for the importance of Te Ao Māori and experience engaging with iwi/Māori.
A key priority for the Commission is Te Ao Māori. This means they work with their Treaty partner to grow capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views and Te Tiriti o Waitangi in the work they carry out. The Climate Change Commission embraces diversity and inclusion and are committed to equality and equity and therefore actively encourage applications from all backgrounds.
If you are looking for a senior role where the opportunities are endless and the team is collaborative and supportive then don’t delay and apply today!
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jing Li on 04 471 9720.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 28 July 2022He Pou a Rangi Climate Change Commission is an Independent Crown Entity established to help Aotearoa meet its climate targets. They provide independent, expert advice to the New Zealand Government on mitigating and adapting to the effects of climate change and to monitor and review the Government’s progress towards its emissions reduction and adaptation goals.