Salary Competitive Salary
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Nicola Colson
Date posted 21 December 2016
This role is a key contributor to the overall strategic context for the Ministry and its international portfolio.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade works to make New Zealand's voice heard overseas and contributes directly to the security and well-being of all New Zealanders.
Our purpose is to create the international conditions and connections for New Zealand and New Zealanders to thrive.
The Ministry has a network of 100+ office and Official Residence premises overseas, providing facilities and work environments for staff to conduct the Government’s official business effectively. It also has approximately 250 offshore staff residential properties, assets and posts' vehicles.
About the role:
The Programme Manager will work closely with the asset management and asset strategy teams to deliver a series of pivotal projects across the globe. The Programme Manager will be supported by in this by an acquisitions manager, a relocation manager and teams specialising in interior design and architecture (led by a design manager) and global project management.
This role has four direct reports: acquisitions manager, design manager, global development manager and a relocations manager.
- Ensure successful delivery of the property investment programme, outcomes are aligned with expected benefits and fit for purpose solutions solve the business problem
- Make information based decisions on resourcing and strategic planning
- Manage the resource pool and reporting to allocate resources effectively across the projects
- Establish, set up and manage the mechanisms and processes to achieve this
- Manage quality assurance ensuring good practice management and consistency in project methodology, information and visibility
- Ensure governance and management reporting processes and structures meet organisational requirements
- Coach and advise teams and key stakeholders to increase capability in good practice management and quality outputs throughout the life cycle of the projects and programmes, with particular focus on quality documentation for key governance gates
- Undertake programme and project health checks and quality assurance as requested
- Significant experience of delivering successful programmes of projects preferably in the property sector
- Proven experience in deployment and use of programme and project management tools (preferably PRINCE2 / MSP / P3O certified or equivalent) and preferably hold a relevant qualification
- Significant experience managing technical delivery staff, preferably in the property sector.
- Strong senior stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Strong results orientation
- Hold New Zealand citizenship or residency
- Be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand Government security clearance
Joining MFAT in their Asset Management Development (AMD) team gives you the chance to take on the world, be exposed to a complex portfolio and work within one of NZ’s leading agencies.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Colson on 04 471 9715.