Senior Project Manager
Consultant Jeremy McLeod
Date posted 3 September 20192019-09-03 2019-11-02 transport-and-rail Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Lead and deliver the forward work plan of assigned infrastructure projects that are critical to the future of New Zealand’s transport system.
This large central Government organisation is responsible for efficiently delivering an integrated, safe, responsive and sustainable transport system to keep New Zealand moving.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will help review and construct project strategies that comprehensively ensure complex projects are delivered on time, to cost and to the appropriate quality.
You will be required to build and maintain strong stakeholder relationships within the organisation and on site with the supplier partners at a high level. You will also be required to demonstrate and use best practice procurement approaches to extract the best value for money for the organisation.
- Lead the project team to deliver complex projects on time and within budget
- Construct and deliver on high level project strategies
- Ensure tender documents clearly define scope, objectives and key deliverables and that evaluations comply with organisational policy
- Manage critical supplier relationships and carry out performance reviews to ensure high level delivery and/or identify areas for improvement
- 10+ years of experience of project/programme management, including financial & risk management
- Strong experience engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Broad experience in road construction end to end
- Contract Management experience in the road transport sector
- Working knowledge of NZ construction contracts (NZS3910, NZS3916 etc)
This is an exciting opportunity to join a busy division within a major Government department; to be a part of delivering capital works projects that stand to make considerable improvements to the way New Zealander’s travel.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jeremy McLeod on +64 (0) 4 471 9718.