We shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent educational outcomes. The education system touches every person, whanau and community in New Zealand and is a major contributor to improving our society and economy. The Ministry plays a critical role in shaping the system to deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for all children, young people and students.
We work with others to ensure the children, young people and students of the future are competent, connected, life-long learners. The Procurement Team is part of the Business Enablement and Support group, who work across the Ministry of Education and with the education sector to ensure critical capabilities and infrastructure are in place so together we can make a bigger difference for more students.
Here are 10 reasons why Ministry of Education is the right place to excel your procurement career:
- Second ranked government procurement capability
- Diverse and large expenditure from educational outcomes, corporate and IT, to school transport and the second largest procurement property portfolio
- Genuine procurement career pathways from graduate / co-ordinator through to 2 x Tier 3 procurement leaders, including Chief Procurement Officer
- Leading edge procurement system
- Large professional community
- Investment in professional development, such as CIPS and IIAM
- Work with great people and great facilities
- Genuine flexible working arrangements
- Work in a highly aspirational team who strive to be the best
- Work in a highly engaged team with low staff turnover
The procurement function plays a significant role in supporting the delivery of priorities, with over 5,000 active contracts across key expenditure categories such as social and educational services.
As part of a new look at this function the team has now grown and has opportunities for several positions within centre-led Procurement and Education services.
We have opportunities for the following roles:
- Principal Advisor
- Procurement Manager - ICT
- Procurement Manager Performance
- Procurement Manager - Stragetic Initiatives
- Senior Commercial Manager
- Senior Procurement Manager - Corporate Services