Senior Advisor, Performance Reporting
Consultant Matthew Drake
Date posted 13 May 2022wellington policy/ministerial-and-advisory 2022-06-06 2022-07-12 public-sector-and-housing Wellington Wellington NZ TELECOMMUTE Callaghan Innovation https://www.callaghaninnovation.govt.nz/ https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/callaghan-innovation.gif
Te Whiwhinga Mahi | The opportunity
This role will be responsible for setting up and liasing with subject matter experts to deliver a seamless external performance reporting and insights process. This process will deliver to a range of stakeholders both internally and externally, including the Minister’s office and MBIE, as well as the Callaghan Innovation Board, Executive and Senior Leadership teams.
You will be responsible for collaborating with our Insights, Finance, Strategy and Government Engagement teams and across the wider business to develop and implement the reporting process, aligned to Callaghan Innovations strategic direction and performance framework, and ensure the process can continue to run sustainably.
Reporting directly to the Group Manager Government Engagement and working closely with the Strategy Capability Lead, Insights Capability Lead, CFO and Group Financial Controller, you will lead our external reporting function and will be the go-to for the business for guidance and support. The Senior Advisor is a key enabler for teams within the business ensuring relevant inputs across the business are realised, intelligence-led, and evidence-based.
This role will be a key strategic advisor on Crown Agency performance reporting responsibilities and machinery of government, including improvements can be made and new systems can be implemented.
- Lead the development and implementation of a sustainable reporting process, owned by leaders across Callaghan Innovation, to deliver key external and internal reporting
- Setting the overall storyline/structure for reporting, editing and polishing the final result including drafting content where required and working with the Design Team to ensure the reporting is visually polished
- Working across all parts of the organisation, to improve the connectivity across the teams, to enable an intelligence led, evidence-based approach across the organisation.
- Provide subject matter expertise input into delivery of work across the business as needed and agreed with leaders and teams.
- Support the Strategy Team with the development and implementation of clear, consistent and relevant frameworks, policies and processes to drive organisational alignment with strategy
- Preparing and delivering papers / reports for the Executive Leadership Team, Board and Committees to build alignment on the content of the reports above.
- Creating processes to ensure there is a strong understanding of how our overall performance is perceived from our monitoring agency.
Ko wai koe | About you
We are looking for people who have:
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the machinery of Government, public sector reporting requirements and best practice
- Experience in the development and analysis of reporting and insights processes
- Experience in working with wide range of stakeholders, including at Exec and Board-level, to deliver and approve reporting
- Understanding of project management principles is advantageous
Preferred personal attributes:
- Clear communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to articulate key insights and information in a succinct and clear way
- Willingness to embrace new technologies and look for ways to apply digital opportunities to enhance how we do things
- Experience with reporting, handling data but more importantly telling the story with the evidence proven influencing and relationship management skills, working directly with a wide range of stakeholders up to Board level
- Ability to coach and train team members (especially those at your level or above and not in your direct team) to deliver and support the reporting process
- A collaborative approach to achieve organisational outcomes
- Proven ability to engage credibly with senior leaders
- Ability to use initiative and juggle competing demands
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve issues and manage risk
- Strong project management, planning and organisational skills
- Applies a growth mindset and has an interest in continual professional development
- An understanding of Agile principles and practices is a bonus
Applications close: Sunday 29th May 2022 at 6pm
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Matthew Drake on 04 471 9709.