Location Wellington Central
Consultant Nicola Colson
Date posted 13 June 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
An opportunity for a Procurement Generalist to make their mark in the development of a new function within Reserve Bank.
The Reserve Bank is New Zealand's central bank. The current Procurement function sits within the General Counsel.
The purpose of this role will be to look at the current spend and contracts across the bank, including property, ICT, Professional Services, supplier relationships, new tenders and All of Government contracts. You will be working across the business implementing end to end procurement processes.
About the role:
The purpose of this role will be to look at the current spend and contracts across the bank, including Property, ICT, Professional Services, supplier relationships, new tenders and utilisation of All of Government contracts. You will be working across the business implementing these end to end procurement processes.
- Actively contribute to a unified approach to the procurement of major contracts in order to achieve the organisation’s desired outcomes
- Develop key sourcing, research, bidding, supplier selection and contract negotiation approaches
- Ensure the priorities of both government and private providers and the commercial realities during this process are effective, efficient and balanced while meeting all requirements
- Build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- A high level of procurement specialist experience
- An understanding of All of Government contract utilisation
- Ability to negotiate and influence with strong conflict resolution skills regarding the negotiation of specific contracts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to proactively develop long term effective relationships, with both internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to deliver concepts and strategies to stakeholders across the board
- A high level of analytic and conceptual thinking capability
This is an opportunity for someone who is ready to drive best practice and take on a new challenge after working with or leading a team.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Colson on 04 471 9715.