Senior Procurement Specialist – ICT Mātanga Hāmua Tangohanga
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Angus Napier
Date posted 8 August 2018 2018-08-08purchasing-and-procurement 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
An exciting opportunity to take a leading role across the development and growth of the ICT procurement capability across this organisation.
We shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent educational outcomes
The education system touches every person, whanau and community in New Zealand and is a major contributor to improving our society and economy. The Ministry plays a critical role in shaping the system to deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for all children, young people and students.
We work with others to ensure the children, young people and students of the future are competent, connected, life-long learners.
As part of a new look at this function the team has now grown and has opportunities for several positions within centre-led Procurement and education services.
About the role:
The Procurement Team is part of the Business Enablement and Support group, who work across the Ministry of Education and with the education sector to ensure critical capabilities and infrastructure are in place so together we can make a bigger difference for more students.
This role is responsible for creating, communicating, refining and delivery of procurement life cycle process in relation to specified groups, and will support the business through procurement in a Ministry ‘centre-led’ manner, championing the quality of execution of the end to end procurement process. This role will ensure that the markets are pro-actively and appropriately managed and that key supplier and spend categories are delivering and maximising fiscal and education benefits.
The role will provide specialist procurement leadership, mentoring and support for Group Managers and teams, including working collaboratively to perform needs analysis, develop sourcing strategies, establish procurement plans and manage high quality procurement processes that deliver tangible value to each Group and the wider Ministry.
- Manage an end-end approach from strategic ICT procurement from high-level strategic thinking through to operational contract management
- Contribute to ICT enabled outcomes within the Ministry and wider education sector
- Provide leadership on the procurement and management of ICT products and services
- Manage relationships and service contracts across Funding systems, Finance Systems and Infrastructure as a service
- Work closer with key internal and external stakeholders including providers across Telecommunications, Infrastructure and Applications sectors
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge around ICT procurement
- Strong knowledge of ICT Common Capabilities arrangements and Syndicated panel ICT agreements
- Have a working knowledge of Taas, Iaas, Web Services and Oracle Software Framework agreements
- Strong communication skills and a passion for relationship management
- Experience with negotiation leading and an excellent understanding of market trends and future developments
- The ability and drive to hit the ground running and influence positive change
- Experience working with AOG panel arrangements and the ability to implement this experience
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation who are focused on making a difference in the future of New Zealand
We work together to shape an education system that delivers excellent and equitable outcomes.
Ko tā mātou he waihanga i tētahi pūnaha mātauranga e tuku ai he otinga tōkeke, he otinga hiranga
Applications close Wednesday 22nd August 5pm.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Angus Napier on 04 471 9719.