Team Manager - Contracts
Consultant Nicola Colson
Date posted 11 September 2018 2018-09-112018-11-05 purchasing-and-procurement 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
As a team manager you will lead an established team to ensure relationships and contracts achieve the best outcomes
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) is the lead agency for the social sector. We help the Government to set priorities across the sector, co-ordinate the actions of other social sector agencies and track changes in the social wellbeing of New Zealanders.
We serve over a million people, working out of more than 250 centres around the country. It is likely that every New Zealander will come into contact with the Ministry at some point in their life.
Our work, together with our social sector partners, is essential to achieving a sustainable and prosperous future, where all New Zealanders are able to take responsibility for themselves, be successful in their lives and participate in their communities.
Community, Partnerships and Programmes Team is responsible for strategic partnerships; community, employment and population based programmes; industry partnerships; and the service management of contracted services including family and sexual violence. This group is about connecting and collaborating to build effective partnerships that achieve better outcomes for those individuals, whānau and communities who most need our support.
About the role:
The Team Manager Contracts is responsible for the provision of quality advice and support to ensure the purchases of services and contracts are managed efficiently and effectively at a single national point, within Service Delivery.
The Team Manager Contracts will ensure the team contributes to the provision of an effective contracting support function, using robust and effective contracting principles and models.
Leading a team of National Contracts Advisors and National Contracts Assistants, the Team Manager will be responsible for the hands on day to day management of team priorities, ensuring the effective allocation and use of resources.
- Support the National Manager Contracts to lead the effective and efficient delivery of all operational Contracts activities and technical advice and support to stakeholders involved in delivery of contract services
- Accountable for the achievement of all key contract deliverables and outcome measures for Contracts as delegated by the National Manager Contracts
- Lead negotiations and finalise cost effective contracts with national providers
- Communicate the nature and relevance of the contracted service to key internal staff, ensuring the Ministry’s responsibilities are clearly understood
- Manage the monitoring, analysis and reporting of quality indicators in relation to service quality, ensuring results are feedback to the appropriate stakeholders
- Ensure the services purchased from third party providers:
- Meet Government and public expectations of accountability and transparency
- Comply with all relevant policies and practices, and appropriation requirements
- Is a culture champion that supports and models the Ministry’s commitment to culture change
- Create a performance and development culture within the team
- Proven experience in managing a team
- Previous experience in contract management
- Proven experience in managing the implementation of projects and programmes, managing risks and business analysis
- Demonstrated ability to operationalise legislative and policy decisions
- Understanding and experience with machinery of government processes, systems and tools.
- A good understanding of operational policy and the issues likely to impact on it
- A proven record in establishing, building and maintaining effective and cohesive working relationships.
- An ability to set priorities and to achieve deadlines and project and programme outputs.
- Proven capability for critical thinking in the analysis of requirements and development of solutions
An opportunity to combine your commercial skills, with a chance to make a difference within social procurement. This is a great opportunity to work with a well established team, manage complex and varied contracts and build strategic relationships both in the ministry and the sector.
Applications close 21st September 2018.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Colson on 04 471 9715.