Senior Procurement Advisor
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Nicola Colson
Date posted 16 September 2018 2018-09-162018-11-12 purchasing-and-procurement 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a diverse agency within their procurement function – designing, implementing and coaching towards best practice.
Maritime NZ is the national regulatory, compliance and response agency operating in the maritime sector for the safety, security and environmental protection of maritime waters. We are a Crown entity and are part of the wider transport system, as one of four Crown entities monitored by the Ministry of Transport.
Property and Procurement sits within the wider Finance, Property and Procurement team and is responsible for procurement advice and delivery services for procuring, purchasing, hiring or leasing goods and services, provision of facilities and property management, vehicle fleet and travel management, and business support services.
About the role:
The Senior Procurement Advisor is responsible for leading and supporting procurement activity, including providing advice to enable effective contract management, within Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) in order to ensure that MNZ uses best practice procurement processes that provide good value for money. The Senior Procurement Advisor will seek opportunities to improve procurement outcomes for MNZ, including collaboration with other government agencies over potential outsourced service provision and joint procurement approaches.
The broad function will require working alongside the response team, property, rescue coordination, Pacific Maritime and the greater business of high value projects alongside BAU functions
The role supports the wide range of activities that MNZ is responsible for, including but not limited to:
- Aids to Navigation (lighthouses, buoys etc.)
- Maritime Pollution Response Service
- Rescue Coordination Centre New Zealand and distress communications
- Pacific Maritime Safety Program (being delivered on behalf of the NZ Aid Program)
- Maritime Compliance Systems Delivery
- Incident Response
- Corporate procurement (i.e. property, Facilities and travel)
- Provides effective and sound procurement advice, mentoring and support to ensure a strategic approach to procurement
- Implement robust procurement plans to ensure best practice is followed
- Lead significant sourcing activities and manage tender processes to ensure compliance within wider Government’s procurement policy
- Work collaboratively with both the legal and finance teams to ensure corporate functions such as cost analysis and efficiency reviews are completed to a high standard
- Manage and review relevant contracts to ensure that external providers and key stakeholders are delivering and receiving value for money
- Develop and maintain procurement and contract management systems that contribute to desired procurement outcomes for the organisation
- Experience leading procurement activities within Government
- The ability to develop procurement and contract management plans that adhere to Government rules of sourcing
- A passion for team development and the self-motivation and initiative to effectively engage across all levels of the organisation
- Experience developing business cases
- The flexibility to travel within this role is also desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for someone wanting to take a lead role in a procurement function, with a focus to supporting and raising capability across an evolving organisation.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Nicola Colson on 04 471 9715.