Consultant Beth Wake
Date posted 27 January 2019 2019-01-272019-03-28 purchasing-and-procurement Wellington NZ NZD 110000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Fixed term opportunity for a driven self-starter to join a high performing Commercial team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a large Government organisation within their Commercial function to deliver positive, productive end to end commercial outcomes ensuring the best value from their procurement spend.
Working within a team of Commercial and Senior Commercial Managers this is an opportunity to get stuck in take full ownership of a number of categories. You will be working within a hard-working, driven team environment and will work alongside other Senior Commercial Managers on larger, more complex projects.
About the role:
The Commercial Manager is the key connection point between the organisation and its Vendors. You will build effective relationships with internal staff and external Vendors to ensure requirements and expectations are met. You will also identify opportunities to streamline processes around contract administration and other lower cost/risk engagements.
You will be in a position to influence within the organisation, educating senior leaders and realising the best possible value from supplier engagements. You will be tasked with developing and implementing new ways of working with key suppliers, while always working towards stronger strategic partnerships for the Organisation.
• Actively look for areas of improvement and work with senior stakeholder to promote commercial change
• Lead the end-to-end sourcing consistent with Government roles and assist senior members of the team with sourcing activity
• Manage suppliers and internal/ external stakeholder relationships
• Develop commercial frameworks in order to reduce costs and navigate risk
• Review contracts to obtain legitimate information and use this to drive improvements
• Experience in commercial management within a large organisation
• A sound understanding of end to end procurement practices
• An understanding of the Government rules of sourcing
• The ability to identify and proactively manage risks and issues
• The ability to influence and manage senior internal and external stakeholders
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Beth Wake on 04 471 9743