Consultant Beth Wake
Date posted 8 April 20192019-04-16 2019-06-07 purchasing-and-procurement Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Exciting 12-month opportunity to lead the end to end commercial ownership of the Property category for a Government department.
Our client is a government organisation that values integrity, honesty and professionalism. They pride themselves on treating customers and each other with respect, and on working together with other organisations to deliver better services for better value.
About the role:
The purpose of this role is to lead the commercial ownership of suppliers to ensure the organisation receives the best value from procurement spend. Primarily responsible for the busy Property and FM portfolio, you will be able to hit the ground running to lead high level sourcing deals, while also finding opportunities to add or increase value within the organisation’s supplier management framework.
- Lead the planning, negotiation, risk management and delivery of large complex sourcing deals
- Develop commercial frameworks in line with cost reduction, adding value and maintaining ongoing partnerships with key suppliers
- Develop contract management plans and manage suppliers and stakeholders consistent with those plans
- Apply strategies to reality, continually looking for improvements
- Give input to and apply policy to drive innovation in Commercial and Procurement decision-making and processes
- Extensive experience in large commercial environments
- In depth knowledge of best practice sourcing and procurement principles and processes, ideally within a Government context
- Experienced working within a partnership model
- Strong skills of negotiation and persuasion
- Familiarity with relevant legislative procedures to mitigate legal risk
- Ability to work in a flexible and agile work environment
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Beth Wake on 04 471 9743