Consultant Beth Wake
Date posted 23 May 20192019-05-23 2019-07-22 purchasing-and-procurement Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 80000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Lead and manage best-practice procurement activity.
This leading institute in education and research is seeking a Strategic Procurement Specialist to join their small and highly capable team. You will lead, drive and support change throughout the end-to-end procurement process in a busy and geographically diverse team.
You will support the Strategic Sourcing Manager to coordinate and execute best-practice procurement practises through defining procurement and purchasing recommendations which support the organisations goals and values.
- Providing direction and leadership across the portfolio
- Manage service level agreements with suppliers
- Support and lead the negotiation of pricing with suppliers and vendors
- Build procurement best practice
- Provide training on procurement practices
- Represent the Strategic Sourcing Manager in meetings, boards and control groups
- Proactively identifying and implementing business improvements
- Minimum of 4+ years in managing and providing procurement services
- Experience in negotiation, facilitation and dispute resolution
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Ability to present and prepare business cases
- Ability to establish internal and external relationships
This is an opportunity for someone who is ready to drive best practice. If you are smart, proactive and able to think outside the box for thoughtful solutions then this job is right for you.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Beth Wake on 04 471 9743