Senior Procurement Specialist
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Jeremy McLeod
Date posted 10 June 20192019-06-10 2019-08-09 purchasing-and-procurement Wellington Central Wellington 8 Gilmer Terrace, Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Senior Procurement Specialist is responsible for providing strategic and tactical procurement advice on high-value and complex projects. You will play a key part in shaping the future of this government organisation by managing a variety of procurement activity across the business. As a Senior you will lead the direction of the procurement team through effective engagement with stakeholders and the implementation of best practice contract and supplier management.
- Provide a range of fit for purpose, best practice tactical and strategic procurement solutions across the business
- Manage end to end procurement activity, working with the business to inform all aspects of procurement and contract documentation
- Guiding the development of annual procurement plans for various groups, business units and branches
- Lead the delivery and implementation of procurement best practice while investigating opportunities for process or system improvement
- Build connections both internally and externally
- Mentoring and coaching the internal team on procurement policy, strategy, and the procurement framework
- Run training workshops for external stakeholders, suppliers, and vendors seeking to engage with the organisation
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience as a Procurement Advisor/Officer, in addition to 5 years’ general work experience in a general business or operational environment
- Ability to make and maintain business relationships internally and externally
- Ability to engage with customers and to identify their true needs
- Experience performing in a procurement function within a corporate/ government environment
- Vast experience in end to end procurement delivering to scope, time and budget
- Strong interpersonal skills with significant experience in influencing and negotiating positive outcomes
- Strong knowledge of the machinery of government with great political and commercial intelligence.
This is an opportunity for someone who wants to help shape the future of procurement at this government organisation. If you are driven, agile, communicate effectively and can build close relationships then this job is right for you.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Jeremy McLeod on +64 (0) 4 471 9718.