ICT Commercial Manager
Consultant Beth Wake
Date posted 21 August 20192019-08-21 2019-10-20 purchasing-and-procurement Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 80000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Promote effective relationships with suppliers and Senior Category Managers.
This is an exciting opportunity to manage ICT contracts and influence senior leaders across the wider business.
About the role:
You will be responsible for the management of commercial relationships and contracts, ensuring that suppliers are meeting their contractual obligations.
You will be responsible for the performance of specific categories with the support of senior leaders.
You will provide assistance and support to the ICT procurement function and provide guidance to the organisation regarding strategies on approach to market.
This organisation is looking for someone who is eager to learn and grow in the role. You will work closely and receive mentoring from Senior Commercial Practitioners. There is great potential for career progression in this role.
• Actively look for areas of improvement and work with leaders to promote effective service delivery
• Build effective relationships which will positively impact the organisation
• Take opportunities to become involved in upcoming sourcing initiatives and provide appropriate commercial advice
• Research market trends and develop an understanding of cost and quality drivers
• Manage disputes and contract performance issues
• Monitor supplier performance
• Attend commercial meetings and negotiate appropriate changes, updates and renewals
• Deliver effective contract management processes
Key Requirements: (essential)
• An understanding of the Government rules of sourcing
• Experience in building and maintaining supplier relationships
• The ability to influence and manage senior internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to produce easily-understood documentation
• Truthful and reliable individual
Key Requirements: (desirable)
• Demonstrated knowledge of ICT best practice and exposure to best practice methodologies
• Experience working in an ICT commercial environment
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Beth Wake on 04 471 9743