Procurement and Contracts Lead
Consultant Bridget Clarke
Date posted 9 September 20192019-09-09 2019-11-08 purchasing-and-procurement Wellington Wellington NZ NZD 110000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Procurement and Contracts Lead is a newly created position reporting directly to the CFO. Utilising your proven Government procurement skills you will establish a high functioning procurement team which delivers results across The Parliamentary Service.
The Parliamentary Service provides administrative and support services to members of Parliament and administers members' funding entitlements. The Parliamentary Service is also responsible for looking after the buildings and grounds of the parliamentary precincts.
The Procurement and Contracts Lead is responsible for leading a small team. The role is responsible for driving change, this includes developing, implementing and rolling out a new Procurement and Contracts Framework that supports the principles of government procurement.
- Lead a small team to drive the necessary requirements across the business in an environment focussed on common purpose
- Design, develop and implement a procurement and contract management framework that is fit for purpose and meets external obligations
- Drive continuous improvement activities that add value and innovation to the organisation’s procurement approach and processes
- Provide technical expertise on procurement activities to the business
- Lead from the front, internally and externally
- Develop insightful procurement and contract reporting for the Operational Management Team (OMT) and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) that identifies key issues, risks and opportunities
- Significant experience in government procurement, including designing and improving procurement processes, contract drafting and negotiations, spend analysis and executive level reporting
- Ability to connect the high-level strategy and goals with the operational requirements of the business
- Considerable experience in building, influencing and maintaining strong productive working relationships, both internally and externally with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to act with integrity and managing highly sensitive information
- Relevant professional qualifications and/or proven business experience is highly desirable
- Shows an awareness of, and commitment to, the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
This is a rare opportunity to establish a procurement function within a Government context. Further develop your leadership and influencing skills to build a successful procurement function across the organisation.
Applications will close Monday 23rd September 2019 at 5pm
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Bridget Clarke on 04 471 9705.