Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Consultant Taise Camargo
Date posted 23 May 2022nelson procurement-supply-chain/commercial-and-procurement 2022-05-24 2022-07-22 purchasing-and-procurement Nelson Nelson NZ Nelson Marlborough District Health Board https://www.nmdhb.govt.nz/ https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/nelson-marlborough-health.gif
About the NMDHB: The Nelson Marlborough District Health Board is the largest employer in the region and promotes a healthy work-life balance, especially with the vast outdoor activities the region has to offer.
About the Role:
The role is based at the DHB's Braemar Campus in sunny Nelson, just across the road from one of the two base hospitals the DHB operates. It can be serviced from Blenheim, with flexible conditions. It's a permanent role.
The Manager, Procurement & Supply Chain is NMH’s most senior procurement and supply chain professional and member of the Finance, Performance & Facilities Directorate. This role is responsible for advising on procurement and supply strategy, establishes policies and procedures while managing productive working relationships with national and regional entities. The role has a large people-focus, requires autonomy and significant leadership skills. This supports the ongoing development and effectiveness of the Procurement and supply Chain function for Nelson Marlborough Health (NMH), then Health New Zealand (from 1st July 2022).
The role will work closely with stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally and within a Procurement team of four, reporting to the Manager, Commercial Support.
- Provide expert procurement advice and guidance to all levels of stakeholders ensuring procurement and supply chain activities are commercially astute and in accordance with good practice and polices mandated by the Government.
- To lead aspects of organizational change to ensure procurement and supply chain transition occurs in an effective and timely manner and that the Health NZ Procurement & Supply Chain Strategy and Operating Model are implemented at the local level.
- Manage the local procurement team and have overall responsibility for the two warehouse and distribution stores.
- Suggest process improvements where applicable and in line with procurement best practice.
- At least 5+ years of experience managing a procurement function and supply chain/distribution stores
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills and able to give clear daily direction
- A procurement expert with the ability to demonstrate initiative and operate autonomously
- Post-grad or Master degree or eligible for Full Member (level 6 / MCIPS) of the chartered institute of procurement & supply
- A confident technical expert who can work independently and lead a credible team of professionals towards a new horizon with Health NZ.
This role would suit someone wanting to continue to live in or move to the Nelson Marlborough region as a large component of this role requires the successful to be on-site. Travel and relocation assistance can be discussed with the applicants. There is significant change coming through the various DHB’s and this is an exciting opportunity to lead the team and help drive change towards the amalgamation.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to consider, or know someone that might be a good fit, please get in touch with Taise Camargo on 03 363 5024 for a confidential discussion.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Taise Camargo on 03 363 5024.